Asia Clean Energy Forum (ACEF)
June 16, 2020
Enhancing NDC and Energy Roadmap
Nationally determined contributions (NDCs) are at the heart of the Paris Agreement and the achievement of limiting warming to 1.5 to 2 degrees C above pre-industrial levels. NDCs embody efforts by each country to reduce national emissions and adapt to the impacts of climate change. All Parties are requested to submit the next round of NDCs (new NDCs or updated NDCs) by 2020 and every five years thereafter (e.g. by 2020, 2025, 2030), regardless of their respective implementation time frames. Energy roadmaps can help industry, academic and research groups, civil society, and governments to identify and prioritize strategic R&D and investment needed to achieve technology development goals and climate change goals.
- Learn about the NDC implement status of DMCs in last five years and their views on submission new NDCs in 2020.
- Find out the gap between NDC goals and implement reality and the concerns of DMCs.
- Enhanced capacity to develop energy roadmap.
- Strive to facilitate the learning process and share knowledge through this track and bring together and build the capacity of key technical and policy personnel from Asia Pacific region.
- Seek inputs to develop scenario narratives and innovative low-carbon energy technology roadmap.
- Stronger network of governments and institutions addressing NDC and energy roadmap